Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » Suggestions

Post subject: Various suggestions
 Post Posted: Monday, 25. November 2013, 05:09:57 
Level 30

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Here are some suggestions, that came to my mind over the past couple of days, of which some however have a relatively low priority.

-Increase the capacity of transport ships, so that a Necromancer can take all his 3 permanent summons with him (drastic decrease of the reset time of Archipelago and Wonder Island to something, that is almost comparable to other classes). [low priority]

-Balance: Necromancer builds: Agility, especially with several summon abilities (if not all), requires - unlike agility builds of other classes - a large effort to maintain, and has a very long setup time (I finish PvC fights before I have even half my summons ready).
The pros are decent single target damage and relatively high survivability, but compared to the intelligence based builds, the damage appears to be almost ridiculous outside bossfights.
However, the int-Necromancer is not that strong compared to AoE builds of other classes, there, balance seems to work.
I suggest, that the effort of maintaining the effort to control all summons (and their abilities) should reward the efficiency of the build a bit further.
Constant summoning would suggest to use Minion Magic, but this is inefficient for agility based builds.
Perhaps you could add a passive damage bonus aura for the Necromancer, that increases the damage of summons based on how many summons of a particular ability (and the level of that ability) are alive and in the vicinity.
Spoiler
Basically an invisible passive, that can however be noted in the tooltips, for every summoning ability, so that the bonus exists for any combination of abilities, if that is necessary, if that bonus can be applied without so many placeholder abilities, even better.
This aura should still depend on agility, so that intelligence based Necromancers do not suddenly get more damage on their summons in addition to the damage, that they already do.

[medium priority]
I hope I got my point across, if not I can supply more detailed information both to the current gamestate and my suggestion.

-Is there a possibility to add units to a control group by trigger in Wc3? I know that it does exist in Sc2, but I am not sure, if that is possible here.
While using the autoselection of summons, I have found myself often not selecting all summons by using control groups, because certain summons died and I simply resummoned them. If it is possible, I would at some point like a command, that would enable adding the summoned units to a control group as well as the selection, because reforming the control group in addition to all activity, that is required already is really tiresome.
I have tried to fix this issue by creating macros with my keyboard, that would add the selected units to a control group every time I use a hotkey for a summon, but it does not always work and messes up the chat. [low priority]

-Add targets with infinite respawn instead of infinite regeneration, and display (perhaps with flying text) the time, that passed from the first damage to the kill. Reset the target and the timer to full hp and 0, if it is not damaged for a while. [low priority]

-Add a possibility to destroy or move ships of AFK players, that are blocking the reset of an area containing a boss. Currently, there are some spots, that will make it impossible to reset the area of Archipelago (perhaps there are spots for Wonder Island as well), if a ship is left there. It is not possible to sink the ships in these spots by drawing enemies near it either.
Currently the only way to resolve this issue is to kick the player, which I would like to avoid in most situations.
This could be simply fixed by moving the ship to the default position (where ships are after loading), when a player is being marked as AFK. [medium priority]

-Prevent respawn of enemies in a bossroom, that are killed outside of it, while a bossfight is in progress. Too often people carelessly (re-)enter the area and kill enemies on their way, that randomly appear in the bossroom, sometimes causing everyone inside to die. Instructing players to modify their behaviour appears to be ineffective. [medium priority]

This is it for now, and once again it became more than I expected. None of these changes have to be in the next version, and if you consider implementing any, include only the short and easy ones; the version is late enough as it is.
Apart from that, obviously the suggestions with medium priority should be implemented relatively soon (speaking in terms of versions, not actual time), whereas the others can wait, but would be very convenient.
In the first place however, I think, that some of the medium priority issues might be a bit controversial and should be discussed to make sure, that they fit into the game, once there is time to tend to them.

Post subject: Re: Various suggestions
 Post Posted: Monday, 30. June 2014, 13:03:23 
Level 7

Favorite Class: Warrior
Garena Account: ImOPandIKnowIt
Able to move afk ships yes, but not destroy. You dont like people blowing up your shit dont you ;) Also another option could be ships having a reset point (just like orkenbourgh for players).

Post subject: Re: Various suggestions
 Post Posted: Monday, 30. June 2014, 18:35:20 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
I know my posts can become a bit long at times, but if you take your time to read this, you will see, that I mentioned everything, that you have said, except I was not only preferring moving over destroying, but also destroying over kicking.

Board index » The Game » Suggestions