Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » Suggestions

Post subject: New Dungeon
 Post Posted: Tuesday, 09. July 2013, 18:40:13 
Level 4

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Ranger
A dungeon linked to the sea monster quest, it'll be like sea monster is guarding the enterance to some underwater cave(the dungeon), which will port our boats(including air ship) to somewhere else where we could unload our hero.

Within the narrow corridors of the dungeon we need to fight creeps of course(make sure air ship can't just easily fly over), but we need to load/unload our heroes on and off our boat(making these boats more used of course) to unlock certain doors/next section of the dungeon. The key or whatever that unlocks will of course be guarded by a miniboss of some sort.

Boss fight: After seeing how the boss fight in GoH works I'll try to suggest something unique. The boss is 5-8 Aura Guardians.
Some stranger appears, maybe a brief summary on the boss and the sea creature was trying to defend people to unlock the danger within, then casts teleport that sends all heroes in the fight to some isolated room. Yes you can't escape that room. The room consists of an Aura Guardian if you get killed you got to wait at the boss area until that fight is over(making priest really useful in here). Whenever you cleared a room you'll get sent back to the boss room, stranger fully heals you then teleports you to the second, and so on. Until the last Aura Guardian gets killed, the stranger will say,"I was waiting for this for millenias." A cut scene maybe? showing stranger absorbing the essence of all Aura Guardian gaining the power or Auras on to him transforming him into some kinda boss surrounded by different auras(maybe a misc item with all those auras as a drop). Well then we have to kill him, but he won't have any summons or will be summoning.

As a boss of a Water Dungeon, he'll get some spells.
Spell 1: Cast wave(1 that pushes out from him 360 degrees outwards pushing all enemy units against the wall of the boss room and silence them for 2 seconds). CD 10 seconds

Spell 2: Fires a water cyclone at a targeted enemy causing him to change sides(during that time that hero will be AI controlled) until he/she gets killed then it'll be controlled by the player again. CD 30 seconds. That's why no more summons.

The reason I linked this to the sea monster quest because I like the concept and it has potential to have other stuff added on, like a dungeon and a quest. Perhaps a dungeon and boss more difficult than Dream World and Merati.

Post subject: Re: New Dungeon
 Post Posted: Saturday, 01. November 2014, 22:29:30 
Level 22

Favorite Class: Priest
epraikc1 I really like your idea, especialy about start from Sea monster quest.
The concept of new dungeon has the right to life. Thats a pity that nobody comment it.
I think new dungeon in the GoH will be approved for a lot of players who have already killed Big Trinity - Ascalor, Cronos and Merati. I'm sure that a lot of fans is waiting for the new interesting dungeon in GoH.

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Sunday, 02. November 2014, 13:26:31 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Well, for one, it is not terribly original, and not many of the aspects have never been mentioned before, if any at all. Mostly however, it is unrealistic to have a huge amount of new content anytime soon, when we have not had a new version at all (even for bugs and balance fixes) in over one and a half year.
If there is to be another dungeon, I would like decent group mechanics for a change, and not tank & spank or 5-6 solobuilds finishing without a tank or healer. A boss with 20-50k single target dps would be interesting on that part. I personally do not care, whether the dungeon is set in water or anything else.

Robbepop, whatever you do, please do not make the game easier or add more easy endgame content.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 04. November 2014, 22:03:46 
Level 22

PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
Robbepop, whatever you do, please do not make the game easier or add more easy endgame content.

Completely agree!
To be honest I'm addicted of new bosses and dungeon ideas in GoH - other bosses are so "worn out" :D

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Saturday, 13. February 2016, 09:00:08 
Level 2

Favorite Class: Seraph
Pls add new boss and dungeon and make the story long

Post Posted: Monday, 15. February 2016, 03:27:07 
Administrator

maybe some day when I got time for that again! ;)

maybe I should open source GoH RPG so that everybody with enough experience can edit it ...

Post Posted: Tuesday, 23. February 2016, 05:16:52 
Level 22

Robbepop wrote:
maybe some day when I got time for that again! ;)

maybe I should open source GoH RPG so that everybody with enough experience can edit it ...

Robbepop, I think it's a nice idea, there are still a lot of people who are playing GoH regularly! ) But you know most of players waiting for your versions )

Post Posted: Friday, 26. February 2016, 02:29:10 
Level 30

I am unsure... If you are serious, there should be some way to verify contributors, so that not everyone just makes "their own version, where everything is balanced and cool".

Though if you did it with version control and everything there could be snapshots and beta testing for minor changes by contributors, e.g. testing more subtle balancing changes than someone developing an entire map alone can thoroughly investigate.
Or in other words: If the system in which it is accessible functions well, I will probably contribute. Mainly for balancing, but possibly for whatever else I might find the time. (I have just realised, that the phrasing, in which I put it afterwards was not as much simpler as I intended it to be)

P.S.: If you ever do develop a system to make it open source but not constantly hacked / unbalanced, I do have ideas on what to do about that as well, so start a topic, whenever the discussion becomes serious.

Post Posted: Thursday, 17. March 2016, 15:53:39 
Administrator

If I had the time to create a nice open-source way to provide a unique official version after going open-source, I could just continue developing the map on my own. xD
This idea is really nice but won't make it. :(

I am going to open source GoH RPG so that anybody can do anything with it that lies within his or her imagination. Credits will be nice but not required.
I am still thinking about a non-strict licencing model if this is possible.

Regards,
Robbepop

Post Posted: Thursday, 17. March 2016, 23:26:52 
Level 30

Someone could work on coding that, once it is open source xD

I'm very creative in hiding verification throughout the entire code.

I really like GoH, but if everyone can cheat their gear, even fewer people will actually play it.

Having people contribute more directly than through the forum sounds like a nice idea, but only if their efforts actually are productive and grow together to a greater whole rather than splitting the community.

I have no interest in being a forum moderator despite my high activity and such, but I would volunteer for administration of the version control or something like that. I also work as a developer, so I have the necessary knowledge or the means to acquire it. In any case, you should open a topic about this, because we are really going offtopic now xD

Board index » The Game » Suggestions