Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » Suggestions

Post subject: Hero Suggestion:Engineer
 Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 18:32:07 
Level 5

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Warrior
Garena Account: Karolica
Hello! I've been hanging around here for a while and seen many hero suggestions and since i got some free time and took a break from playing wow,i decided to make my own hero suggestion! I know there is already one post with this but i wanted to show my own idea for a new class,and that's the Engineer.
Engineer Story:The engineer is a smart inventor which uses heavy armor,mines and robots to fight. He once worked for Askalor and created him Moshrak,one of the strongest robots in the whole Hyppos.Thinking that Askalor doesn't appreciate his work and treat him like a slave,the engineer fled from askatar and refugeed in Hyppos.

Please note that all spells are shown at level 10,and also most of the spell deal damage based on the engineer's damage,so that the engineer can profit better from heavy weapons that deal high damage such as Hellbringer.

Spider Mines:
The engineer deploys 4 spider drones that charge the nearest foe and explode,each dealing 100+1.5 times the engineers damage.The spider drones hp depends on the engineers inteligence,and armor depends on the engineers armor(40% of his armor).

Exploding Mine:
The engineer sets one mine on the ground.When an enemy approaches the mine will explode,dealing 250+4 times the engineer's damage.

Healing Bot:
The engineer deploys a healing robot that will heal him and his allies over time for 100+1 times the engineer's inteligence.

Heavy Armor(Passive):
The engineer has built a heavy armor that protects him,granting 15+15% of his base strength as armor,though it reduces the movement speed of the engineer by 30.

Juggernaut:
The engineer activates his juggernaut costume,granting 20 armor,+20% attack speed,200 hp and +20% more damage for 10 seconds,also granting magic imunity.While in this form,the engineer can't use any of his active abilities.

Grenade:
The engineer throws a grenade in a target area,exploding dealing 200+2 times the engineer's damage and stunning opponents for 3 sec.Half duration on heroes and bosses.

Forcefield:
The engineer covers himself and his allies with a forcefield,granting 10+10% the engineers armor as armor and 10+10% time the engineer's inteligence as health regeneration.
All heroes affected by forcefield will reflect back 10% of the damage dealt to them.

Gun Bot:
Deploys a gun bot which will deal damage equal to 10% the engineers agility,armor depending on engineer's armor(40% of his armor) and hp depending on engineer's inteligence.

Hammer Bash(Passive):
Every fifth attack or 8th attack on heroes and bosses the engineer deals 100+1.5 times the engineers damage as bonus damage and stuns for 3 sec,1.5 sec on heroes and bosses.

Engineer Skill(Passive):
The engineers expertise and skill grants him a 20% bonus to inteligence,also his repairing abilities heals his robots by 10+10% of his strength every 3 seconds.

Slow Bot:
The engineer deploys a bot that will slow the movement speed and attack speed of all nearby enemies by 50%.He has no damage,hp depending on engineeer inteligence,armor depending on engineers armor(40% of his armor).After 10 sec,the bot will self-destruct dealing 100+1 time the engineer's damage to all enemies nearby.

Electric Charge:
The engineer shocks one enemy with electricty,dealing 250+2.5 times the engineer's damage and stunning the enemy for 3 secs.Half duration on heroes and bosses.

Well that's it,i hope you enjoy,im not very sure if using damage for skills will unbalance the game,but anyways! Thank you very much for your time and have a nice day!

Last edited by Karolica on Sunday, 24. February 2013, 21:18:12, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 19:31:42 
Administrator

an engeneer is a nice hero idea for goh and some of your spells and abilities are good. =)

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 19:59:56 
Level 5

Robbepop wrote:
an engeneer is a nice hero idea for goh and some of your spells and abilities are good. =)

hey! thank you! i'd like to know which spells aren't that good so i can edit them and what you think about using damage for spells?

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 20:20:47 
Administrator

I really just dislike Engeneer Skills and Heavy Armor as they are just boring passives ...

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 21:09:03 
Level 5

Robbepop wrote:
I really just dislike Engeneer Skills and Heavy Armor as they are just boring passives ...

alright,i will try to improve Heavy Armor,though im not sure what shall i change to engineer skills and what you find boring at it:D also ill make the engineers own background story for guilds of hyppos:D

EDIT:Changes made,i hope you enjoy the story of the engineer and the new improved heavy armor!

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 21:29:26 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
The other heros do not have a story either, that is not necessary. Try to focus on adapting the spells to the game. Unlike items, new heros are mostly not needed, however, by this I do not mean, that hero suggestions are useless. But item suggestions (at least mine) are meant to fill a void, things that would be useful to what already exists, whereas hero suggestions are an addition in content. Handled as such, they should adapt to the games systems and conventions.

The Ranger does not have any passive ability anymore. The game is directed towards free stat and skill distribution and active playstyle. Therefore, strength, agility and intelligence have each been assigned a meaning, that is the same for all classes. So semi-active and active abilities are favoured, and passives, especially such extreme simple ones as "Heavy Armor", are boring to use, because they require no activity at all. The changes, that have been made during the last years are an attempt to avoid autohitting without using skills and an armor bonus without any requirement does not support that. A bonus in intelligence is not really different from a bonus in armor, the healing side should be active.

Also, as I have already told you on Skype, I would prefer, if you further adapted the abilities to the usual gamesystem and supplied additional information, such as cooldowns and manacosts.

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 22:19:59 
Level 5

PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
The other heros do not have a story either, that is not necessary. Try to focus on adapting the spells to the game. Unlike items, new heros are mostly not needed, however, by this I do not mean, that hero suggestions are useless. But item suggestions (at least mine) are meant to fill a void, things that would be useful to what already exists, whereas hero suggestions are an addition in content. Handled as such, they should adapt to the games systems and conventions.

The Ranger does not have any passive ability anymore. The game is directed towards free stat and skill distribution and active playstyle. Therefore, strength, agility and intelligence have each been assigned a meaning, that is the same for all classes. So semi-active and active abilities are favoured, and passives, especially such extreme simple ones as "Heavy Armor", are boring to use, because they require no activity at all. The changes, that have been made during the last years are an attempt to avoid autohitting without using skills and an armor bonus without any requirement does not support that. A bonus in intelligence is not really different from a bonus in armor, the healing side should be active.

Also, as I have already told you on Skype, I would prefer, if you further adapted the abilities to the usual gamesystem and supplied additional information, such as cooldowns and manacosts.

Hello psycho,thanks for your positive,long and well reasoned comment!
I have already changed Heavy Armor,and about the abilities,ill try to adapt them to the usual gamesystem but i have to think to remove or edit Engineer skill in order to do so,because otherwise that 20% bonus inteligence would be useless.BTW,please check my other hero suggestion:the MONK,and comment there too!

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 22:34:06 
Administrator

Hiho,

as I like the idea of an Engeneer in GoH RPG very much I took some of your "good" abilities and improved them (if needed) and added a repertoire of my ideas to them. =)

here is a small summary:

Engeneer:

Plate Mine: lays three spidermines while walking on the ground which directs to the nearbiest enemy unit and damage it depending on the Engeneer's intelligence.

Portals: places two portals (used two times) where the Engeneer and his allies can move through. As long as the portals exist.

Granat: throws a granat to the target direction which explodes on touch with an oponent or after a certain amount of time.

Healbot: creates a robot which heals the entire area around him until it gets detroyed. costs more mana to create a heal bot but can shift the old heal bot with the same ability for less mana costs.

Engines Overreacting: the engeneer activates all his combat systems making him unable to cast any spells but granting him extreme fighting power. lasts 10 seconds.

Turret: creates a turret on the target location which attacks nearby enemy units.

Static Slow Bot: creates a huge static slow bot which attacks enemy units and slows nearby enemy units within a small area.

Electric Charge: the engeneer hurls an electric charge into the target direction which deals damage and stuns an enemy unit on hit and splits into several other charged missiles which directs to other nearby enemy units.

Collect Scrap: passively gains a slight amount of mana while moving. can be activated to triple this effect.

Charged Weapon: every 6th attack the engeneer releases a chain lightning which damages up to 5 enemy units dependent on his intelligence. stuns the attacked target for a short duration.

Robbepop

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 22:45:07 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
That looks nice. In case, that the cooldowns, durations, values and manacosts are adjusted to balance and overall GoH gameplay.
Also needs a spellcheck, no offense, I am guessing that was just a quick post.
But what exactly do you mean by activated, when you say:
Robbepop wrote:
Collect Scrap: passively gains a slight amount of mana while moving. can be activated to triple this effect.

Also, how will that be calculated and how will it affect the gameplay? Will the engineer walk around a lot in battle to keep up the mana for his spell usage?

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 22:48:17 
Administrator

hiho,

the calculations will be balanced and keep in mind that this is just an idea for a PASSIVE ability. so you get a slight amount of mana while moving which should help you with your mana pool if you haven't put many points into intelligence. besides that you can activate this ability for some seconds to increase the mana gain - that's all.

so all in all: if you move faster, you gain more mana.
if you move more often, you will gain more mana.
however, you can't move while fighting, so this ability allows you to take a breath after a fight more quickly. =)

Robbepop

Board index » The Game » Suggestions