Board index » The Game » Suggestions

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 22:55:20 
Level 5

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Warrior
Garena Account: Karolica
Robbepop wrote:
Hiho,

as I like the idea of an Engeneer in GoH RPG very much I took some of your "good" abilities and improved them (if needed) and added a repertoire of my ideas to them. =)

here is a small summary:

Engeneer:

Plate Mine: lays three spidermines while walking on the ground which directs to the nearbiest enemy unit and damage it depending on the Engeneer's intelligence.

Portals: places two portals (used two times) where the Engeneer and his allies can move through. As long as the portals exist.

Granat: throws a granat to the target direction which explodes on touch with an oponent or after a certain amount of time.

Healbot: creates a robot which heals the entire area around him until it gets detroyed. costs more mana to create a heal bot but can shift the old heal bot with the same ability for less mana costs.

Engines Overreacting: the engeneer activates all his combat systems making him unable to cast any spells but granting him extreme fighting power. lasts 10 seconds.

Turret: creates a turret on the target location which attacks nearby enemy units.

Static Slow Bot: creates a huge static slow bot which attacks enemy units and slows nearby enemy units within a small area.

Electric Charge: the engeneer hurls an electric charge into the target direction which deals damage and stuns an enemy unit on hit and splits into several other charged missiles which directs to other nearby enemy units.

Collect Scrap: passively gains a slight amount of mana while moving. can be activated to triple this effect.

Charged Weapon: every 6th attack the engeneer releases a chain lightning which damages up to 5 enemy units dependent on his intelligence. stuns the attacked target for a short duration.

Robbepop

Hello! I am very glad you liked my idea and some of the spells! but are you going to keep my idea of using Damage for damaging spells?

Post Posted: Sunday, 24. February 2013, 23:52:54 
Administrator

hiho,

perhaps I am going to overtake your idea but only if these abilities cause physical damage. :P

Robbepop

Post Posted: Monday, 25. February 2013, 00:22:02 
Level 5

Robbepop wrote:
hiho,

perhaps I am going to overtake your idea but only if these abilities cause physical damage. :P

Robbepop

yes physical damage,normal damage that can be increased by agility and high damage weapons such as hellbringer,black destroyer,etc.:)

Post Posted: Monday, 25. February 2013, 00:54:09 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
What I might find interesting would be an ability that calculates from damage instead of agility, does that already exist?

Robbepop wrote:
the calculations will be balanced and keep in mind that this is just an idea for a PASSIVE ability. so you get a slight amount of mana while moving which should help you with your mana pool if you haven't put many points into intelligence. besides that you can activate this ability for some seconds to increase the mana gain - that's all.

So it would be very useful for situations like Cronos' Lasso of Death, because you cannot do much more than run around at that point anyway and then you can use the bonus. I like it.

Post Posted: Saturday, 04. May 2013, 15:13:32 
Level 5

Favorite Class: Necromancer
Garena Account: chaos339
Spider Mine

I THINK YOU GOT IT FROM Starcraft

Post Posted: Thursday, 04. July 2013, 14:22:14 
Level 5

chaos339 wrote:
Spider Mine

I THINK YOU GOT IT FROM Starcraft

Nah i got it from Torchlight 2^^

Post Posted: Monday, 30. June 2014, 12:55:12 
Level 7

Garena Account: ImOPandIKnowIt
Before uninformed people start jizzing over "new" ideas such as this, let me first say this: This "new idea" was never original. Its a fucking ripoff from Torchlight II :)

Source: http://torchlight.wikia.com/wiki/Engineer

Post Posted: Monday, 30. June 2014, 18:30:48 
Level 30

Would you mind behaving a bit more civilised concerning issues such as these?
Right now, apart from my impression, that you are not articulate in less colloquial forms of language, I also cannot see, why I would think, that you are able to read.

Proof:

Karolica wrote:
Nah i got it from Torchlight 2^^

marb wrote:
Before uninformed people start jizzing over "new" ideas such as this, let me first say this: This "new idea" was never original. Its a fucking ripoff from Torchlight II

Concerning the content of your message, I also do not see, how this is relevant. And I have checked every usage of the word 'new' in this thread, and not once has this idea been called a new one before you did. This confusion on your side might stem from the fact, that he referred to it as his 'own idea'.

However, in no way did he mean to imply, that he thought of it entirely by himself. In this case, he meant to identify this addition to GoH, which does not have an engineer or a similar class so far, with him not as the creator, but as the contributor.

Now I am unaware of how many abilities he copied (spider mines in Torch Light were copied from the much older StarCraft, btw, if there is no source, that is even older), but I am sure, that he spend a lot of effort into making this engineer a class for GoH, so by these standards, if not an engineer class in general, this suggestion of an engineer can certainly be attributed to him as intellectual property.

Lastly, I would like to mention, that people have not "started jizzing over "new" ideas such as this", and they haven't even paid any attention to it for almost an entire year. The last reply before yours will literally be one year old in four days, and before then this thread had been inactive for months. I know, that I do repeat myself, but what was the whole point of your reply to this thread?

Post Posted: Tuesday, 01. July 2014, 05:50:10 
Level 7

Garena Account: ImOPandIKnowIt
TLDR. And he should mention it from the start, and not take credit and applause for the "new" idea before stating he ripped it off from torchlight 2 -.-

Post Posted: Tuesday, 01. July 2014, 13:38:48 
Level 30

"TL;DR" does not fit into forums, especially not this one. The most well concieved points have always been made in long posts.

PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
Concerning the content of your message, I also do not see, how this is relevant. And I have checked every usage of the word 'new' in this thread, and not once has this idea been called a new one before you did. This confusion on your side might stem from the fact, that he referred to it as his 'own idea'.

TL;DR version: You were the first to call it a new idea, and noone cared about this topic for over a year.

Board index » The Game » Suggestions