Board index » The Game » Suggestions

Post subject: Dream ;)
 Post Posted: Saturday, 27. December 2014, 08:05:58 
Level 22

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Priest
Guilds of Hyppos in Steam!
Just a dream ;) :D

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post subject: Re: Dream ;)
 Post Posted: Thursday, 01. January 2015, 18:21:52 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
If Wc3 was in steam (which I would doubt to be possible, even if it was new, considering Blizzard / Valve), GoH would be a map / mod in the Steam Workshop. If you are thinking of a standalone, you might have to give Robbepop charge of a full development studio and funding, and even then it's unclear, whether he would actually do it.

This goes offtopic, but I have actually recently been playing Path of Exile, a f2p arpg, which is available on steam, and features a few similar core mechanics as GoH in a much more complicated way (7 classes, "free" attribute assignment, "free" choice of abilities), but there are differences as well (mediocre trading, one-skill-spam playstyle favouring). Of course there are many more features and issues, but they would be subject to their own offtopic section thread.

Post Posted: Sunday, 04. January 2015, 06:42:25 
Administrator

the main problem is that a game like GoH RPG wouldn't be played by many as it requires much skill in order to master the game which isn't what most people want from a game.

however, this is exactly the kind of game I ever wanted to create and if I was the leader of a game engeneering group I would do it again. :P

Robbepop

Post Posted: Sunday, 04. January 2015, 23:53:32 
Level 30

Well, no offence there, but I would argue both of those points.

Most (popular) builds are completely capable of being played without skill,
Path Of Exile is incredibly complex and much harder to play, but it's still very popular, so people actually are looking for challenges.

The smaller popularity of GoH mostly stems from it being a Wc3 map. It is small, short, by my standards actually too easy, and finally simply in Wc3, which has a much smaller community than it used to, and even overall a smaller one than "popular" rpgs.

In general, it is certainly my most favourite map in Wc3, but being a freetime project, it cannot compete with long term motivation as other games may incite it.
I am very happy with the overall state the map is in, considering balance, gameplay, terrain, even bugs, and if there was a standalone (hypothetically), I would certainly play it and I have the hunch, that it might even be better than many others.

So while we may not agree on every single aspect (e.g. difficulty), your vision for GoH is very close to the ideal.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. January 2015, 20:07:00 
Level 8

I for one would love to see this as a standalone, as an alternative to Diablo 3, and would even pay up to $20 US for the privilege of playing the game. Don't walk away Robbe :)

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. January 2015, 20:46:48 
Level 30

Path of Exile is not just any alternative to Diablo 3, it is the alternative to Diablo 3. It is not an alternative to GoH, because they have entirely different conditions, but Diablo is another matter. Many systems are based on Diablo (also 1 and 2) and it even has a similar UI. I should really make an offtopic thread some day.

Post Posted: Wednesday, 07. January 2015, 14:12:42 
Administrator

a thing I however didn't like much about diablo was how easy it was in fact. Most of the times you ran around using only one or maximumly 2 spells at all and were just op.

Robbepop

Post Posted: Wednesday, 07. January 2015, 21:06:20 
Level 30

Hence I like the principles behind your map more than Diablo or even PoE. :)

Board index » The Game » Suggestions