Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Seraph

Post Posted: Saturday, 21. April 2012, 22:36:32 
Level 14

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Seraph
I feel that with the removal of (the admittedly imbalanced) Energy Ball, the remake of Angel Dance to emit waved in random directions (Robbe this really makes the spell useless! Active spells shouldn't depend on luck!) and nerf of Angel Call (this was done several versions ago. Seiously, 20 + 2 x int at level 10 looks funny, but I am talking about the duration and cd nerf) has made the Seraph's spellcasting potential too low to consider. Most dpsers now depend on the bread-and-butter combo of Blessing (gives all the armour he needs too) and Angelfire, combined with Bash of Light for added punch.

I have a couple of suggestions I want to make here for the Seraph

1. After Blessing buff, the Roar of Glory spell is useless. Blessing + Grace gives near 150 armour in the presence of a single creep for tankers and nearly 100 for dpsers. Hp regen is totally inferior to lifesteal + attack speed.

2. Afaik, nobody uses the damage blocking spell after it's duration was nerfed to 6 sec with 30 second cd.

Consider removing these two spells and giving seraph a couple of nukes or dps spells. :)

Post Posted: Saturday, 21. April 2012, 23:28:08 
Administrator

hiho,

I will remove the attack damage reduce of Guardian Angel or I will decrease its cooldown furthermore.
Besides that I think you are right and I will think about improving some of the seraph's intelligence based spells.

Robbepop

Post Posted: Sunday, 22. April 2012, 08:31:44 

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: TakIntI
A little suggestion here. Roar of glory is a great spell for caster seraph actually. Cuz he doesnt have any other heals For his friends. Adding it a spellheal will make it op cuz of imba armor he will get. But if spellheal effects only regen.. Then he will have a nice hps skill to keep his allies alive longer.

And for guardian angel, i would prefer its cooldown get higher. And plus a damage effect. Angels come and protect seraph, by the time they are gonna try to hurt enemies around to get em away from seraph. They love seraph +.+
So i mean every 3 seconds 400 aoe around seraph, enemies will take 1x int damage. Guardian angel will be even more usefull. Or a better idea! Around 400 aoe they will heal friends for 1x str per 4 seconds!!

Also for angel call, when angels pop down around seraph, they will stay just like numinous aide. No heal but they will increase angel call's damage and some of the enemies will surely try to hit them instead of seraph or other teammates.

Post Posted: Sunday, 22. April 2012, 23:55:13 
Level 14

TakIntI wrote:
A little suggestion here. Roar of glory is a great spell for caster seraph actually. Cuz he doesnt have any other heals For his friends. Adding it a spellheal will make it op cuz of imba armor he will get. But if spellheal effects only regen.. Then he will have a nice hps skill to keep his allies alive longer.

And for guardian angel, i would prefer its cooldown get higher. And plus a damage effect. Angels come and protect seraph, by the time they are gonna try to hurt enemies around to get em away from seraph. They love seraph +.+
So i mean every 3 seconds 400 aoe around seraph, enemies will take 1x int damage. Guardian angel will be even more usefull. Or a better idea! Around 400 aoe they will heal friends for 1x str per 4 seconds!!

Also for angel call, when angels pop down around seraph, they will stay just like numinous aide. No heal but they will increase angel call's damage and some of the enemies will surely try to hit them instead of seraph or other teammates.

I think these will make no difference to Seraph spellcasting. No matter if you add dps to Guardian Angel, 6 out of 30 is useless, and you want to increase the cd? I can use 6 Blessed Novas within 30 seconds, that gives 1200 + 6x strength in heal and 1200 + 6x int in damage.

Hps is not a good concept as the late game play focuses on huge, slow damage, some of which is avoidable. Burst heals are more situational and encourage active management. Anyway, it won't make Seraph a good spell dpser! We don't need to make Seraph any more tanky.

Same argument goes for Angel call. We don't need to make Seraph any more tanky.

Post Posted: Monday, 23. April 2012, 07:44:55 

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: TakIntI
You didnt understand the subject right?

I said Guardian Angel will heal friends! not the seraph. Roar of glory will help them stay alive longer, you know seraph has no heal for others, so even some more hp regen on roar of glory is something great for him, and dont forget that it may be hps but it heals everyone around.

I know what you mean, but if roar of glory gets buffed people will farm a lot easier with seraph in hell or askatar. While killing mobs your squishy friends wont be afraid and wont need to be ready for every second to click a potion.

You should ve understood now why i suggested these. Tell me now did you play both caster and hitter seraph? Hitter seraph has great amount of damage, but he cant tank. Caster seraph cant deal high damage, but he is unbreakable. So you want caster seraph to do everything, every role in a team? while hitter one only hits and does some damage..

I suggested these cuz caster seraph lacked some points in tanking and supporting. Damage is not his role. And he does his damage needed to lvl him up himself and farm items that he needed along the way. So as long as we dont want to make caster seraph overpowered, we dont need to buff his damage.
You know that nothing can kill caster seraph at late game, but still you want to make him kill too. Man he doesnt die!

In this case if you say, ''i dont want him to be op, i just want to make him deal high enough damage as a spellcaster, i dont need him to be that great tank and immortal.'' then you should suggest something that will separate seraph's godly defensive abilities and his damager spells. Then yeah you can expect great amount of damage from caster seraph as long as he can die easily.

Post Posted: Monday, 23. April 2012, 11:09:51 
Level 14

TakIntI wrote:
"i just want to make him deal high enough damage as a spellcaster, i dont need him to be that great tank and immortal.''

Lol this is what I was suggesting, a spell casting dps seraph. Like u said, he needn't be immortal in a caster build.

BTW, I have a dps seraph who can tank everything except Askalor and Cronos without needing a single pot. Even Askalor and Cronos can be tanked with hp pots. The only problem is the Wrath of the Devil spell. With Cronos, of course, I have to run around so much that i'm unable to break his dps limit in solo play. Killing Askalor takes such a long time that i got impatient and ran away :P My dps is only just above his limit.

Post Posted: Monday, 23. April 2012, 11:10:43 
Level 14

TakIntI wrote:
"i just want to make him deal high enough damage as a spellcaster, i dont need him to be that great tank and immortal.''

Lol this is what I was suggesting, a spell casting dps seraph. Like u said, he needn't be immortal in a caster build.

BTW, I have a dps seraph who can tank everything except Askalor and Cronos without needing a single pot. Even Askalor and Cronos can be tanked with hp pots. The only problem is the Wrath of the Devil spell. With Cronos, of course, I have to run around so much that i'm unable to break his dps limit in solo play. Killing Askalor takes such a long time that i got impatient and ran away :P My dps is only just above his limit.

Post Posted: Wednesday, 11. July 2012, 02:56:33 
Level 2

Favorite Class: Necromancer
Garena Account: The__Leo
i miss the holy terrain in seraph :( it was a good heal for allies and npcs and decent dmg to mobs :( plus it was a really cute animatoin. twinkle sounds etc.

Post Posted: Wednesday, 11. July 2012, 03:05:38 
Administrator

perhaps I replace angle call with a newer version of holy terrain.
or combine both into one spell. :D

Post Posted: Sunday, 26. August 2012, 08:48:29 
Level 14

Robbepop wrote:
perhaps I replace angle call with a newer version of holy terrain.
or combine both into one spell. :D

Don't combine spells Robbe.. The main suggestion I have is to remove useless spells and give him a good int nuke..

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Seraph