Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Priest

Post Posted: Saturday, 22. March 2014, 05:52:47 
Level 22

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Priest
About readable
Spoiler
PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
...you may do it in a single post as well. You can either just type the quote blocks yourself and simply copy+paste the text or you can scroll down in the full editor, where the last 10 posts are listed, and then you can select text and press the quote button.This should make your posts readable more easily

Thanks - I'll know =)

About Priest's role of Hell/Cronos
Spoiler
Quote:
Priests are usually the ones, that die first, because they are "slow" (the term "slow" in this context is used as I used it in a so far unpublished section of theocrafting, meaning that the Priest's set of abilities does not promote fast movement, and there is no item for the feet slot, that would be specifically useful for a healer). Sometimes Priests go along, or damage Priests help killing Cronos, but healers usually only enter the bossrooom if someone died.

I agree about low probability of having feet slot in Priest items but:
1)Hell and Cronos areas as you say (and I completely understand) ''not very difficult there in general'' => 2) Priest can use feet slot (even Wind Boots then he will has a max mov-speed=)

About Merati:
Spoiler
Quote:
As for Merati, I had the occasion to be part of a group farming him multiple times, and it is quite easy, once everyone knows, what to do, and if the majority of players have fitting items already. Most setups will be fine with one healer, people with more survivable builds can even kill Merati without any healing player.

Interesting note but it's so hard to find so skillfull players this is why I said of 2 healers) I'll add my guide - thank you)

Quote:
Again, I look forward to seeing the rest of your guide, keep going.

Keep on! Thank you for your attention)

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Friday, 04. April 2014, 22:35:44 
Administrator

Hiho,

besides its many typos and other small missing polish this guide is now mature enough to be called the new more or less official priest guide for Guilds of Hyppos. =)

I like the way you comment on things at abilities and so on. The comments could be longer and more detailed but it is already nice so far.

Robbepop

Post Posted: Sunday, 06. April 2014, 20:33:31 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
As promised, more comments on the additions to your guide:

Spoiler
4. Skills

Overall, you seem to focus only on the use of spells, but neglect their downsides. I will note those here (and other remarks).

Blinding Ray: Cooldown is 14 seconds, highest possible percentage is 32.14% and 21.21% on bosses (66% duration according to the tooltip). This spell renders your group practically invulnerable to physical damage, but the cooldown is relatively long. Also, it has no effect on spelldamage, which is important to consider especially in bossfights and PvP.

Dream Splitter: Apart from what you already said, it should be noted, that though the targeting of this spell enables the Priest to use it in many different ways, it is quite difficult to master them. It is particularly unfit for long range single target healing and damage.

Globe: More noteworthy than the damage is the teleporting side effect, if used accurately. Due to Wc3 ability activation delay, it is quite hard to use to actually move. If used correctly however, it is very useful for tanks, that may appear in midst of enemies and stun them at the same time.
Because the globe moves very slowly, and it has to be activated again, which is impossible while being incapacitated, it is unfit as an escape ability.

Great Deserve: It heals to full HP and may do considerable damage, but the cooldown is very long, so it may only be useful as a "last resort" ability or to heal characters with high HP, when they are low. Also, healing towers is a bug and should be fixed by the next version.

Hand of Kahjem: With low strength or spellheal bonus, the healing is almost insignificant. In addition, its low cooldown also has a downside, because it may use up a lot of mana, which has to be compensated by intelligence, mana in items, or mana potions.

Holy Light: Decent single target spell, very ineffective against multiple adversaries. For such a "low" effect, the cooldown is quite long.

Pulse of Vengeance: The possible total damage is quite high, but the cooldown is long, and in addition, the range is very small, so a Priest has to survive in direct proximity to the enemies for a considerable amount of time to make this ability efficient. Since the damage relies on int and int builds tend to have rather low HP, it is a challenge to make this spell work in a build.

Revival: The only spell, that barely has any downsides. Of course it cannot be used to revive several players in a short amount of time (or one that dies within less than 10 seconds of being revived). One might argue, that a spell being used less than twice per minute could be a waste of a slot, but I find it to be rather balanced.

Sacred Nova: Testing revealed 10% of max HP damage, but it is quickly healed anyway. Range appears to be 500, so proximity is not as required as it is for Pulse of Vengeance, especially not over a long period, but it has to be considered. For a damage ability, the cooldown is relatively long as well, even taking into account the amount of damage, so it is mostly effective against large groups of enemies.

Sky Light: Very useful for kiting enemies and escaping in general, but inefficient against several enemies, that are far apart from each other. When an enemy dies, the majority of the damage may be wasted.

Stars of Hope: 8 hits, either healing or damage. Remarkably unnoticable in large fights because of random targeting. Also, less useful for people focusing on either healing or damage, because the other may occur.

Wall of Light: 14 ticks of damage or healing over 3.5 seconds with a cooldown, that is short enough to keep it casted almost constantly. Aiming to hit several enemies or allies may however be tricky. I advise on instructing your allies for efficient positioning there.

7. Farming

Dream World: Along with the Sleepers' damage should be noted the splash damage, which may be more than the regular physical damage reduced by armour.

9. Items

Again, these are not necessarily the best possible items, but they may yet be useful.

Level 21-30:
Lion Shield
Murmillo Helmet
Winter Gloves
2-Key Amulet
Horn of Magic

I recommend Pharao Mask over Dragon Mask because of the spellpower bonus. Also, Dragon Orb does little to benefit your healing/damage. Use it only, if you lack resources regularly.

Reya's set may be useful if complete.

Level 31-44:
Scroll of Chaos
Voodoo Doll

Hand of the Mermaid is very useful and should not be missed. Spider Shell might be useful for tanks / healers as well.

Level 45-60:
Carapace
Greater Ring of Strength
Scroll of Tears
Blacker Orb

Element Former

Sets:
Ecran's set rewards 40% spellpower and 25 intelligence. Orns set rewards 60% spellheal and 40 intelligence. The lightning set rewards 50% spelldamage and 45 intelligence. Priests usually benefit more from healing for survival, so I do not recommend Nalan's set.

Useful boss items may be:
Shield of Nature
Crystal Boots
Askalor's dark Mace
Lava Guard
Whisperflame
Blazing Eyes

Final item build recommendations:

Intelligence based:
Abyss Mace usually provides a higher bonus damage than Battlestaff of Masterja and the advantage of the battlestaff lies only in its active magic immunity
Elemental Armor
Spell Shapers
Arch Mage Ring
Chaos Boots

Askalor's cursed Mask

Strength based:
Another Arch Mage Ring instead of Chaos Boots
Corona
instead of Elemental Armor, because Priests usually profit more from healing that armour.
I discourage the use of Mace of Fahras, because the bonus healing over Abyss Mace is almost insignificant with good gear, the missing bonus damage will however be noticable.

Minipet:
Health potions are discouraged for any Priest apart from full damage dealers, because their spells should suffice, if there is a more useful item for that slot. Black Belt is barely noticed even by physical damage dealers, it will be entirely useless on a Priest. Other usual minipet item suggestions apply, especially Odin's Relic for Hell solo farming.

This is it for now, if there are any questions, I can elaborate.

Post Posted: Monday, 07. April 2014, 05:44:56 
Level 22

Robbepop wrote:
Hiho,

besides its many typos and other small missing polish this guide is now mature enough to be called the new more or less official priest guide for Guilds of Hyppos. =)

I like the way you comment on things at abilities and so on. The comments could be longer and more detailed but it is already nice so far.

Robbepop

Robbepop thank you so much! "official priest guide" it sounds pretty good)))

Quote:
PSYCHO[dkdc] As promised, more comments on the additions to your guide:

Thanks PSYCHO[dkdc]! I concur with most of your suggestions - I'll add my guide in several days=)

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Tuesday, 27. May 2014, 19:38:29 
Level 4

Favorite Class: Warrior
Garena Account: DeBem
Hi, i'm making a priest, my build is str:110 and int:210, its pretty good to me, i have a good damage with a good heal as well.

you said that priest is slow, but u forget that globe skill, i think that this skill is the mobility he needs, cuz i teleports him and stun the monsters, something i use alot, cuz u teleport in the midle of the monsters, and spam wall of light, till they die.

this skill can replace holy light, sky light or dream spliter, giving the priest more mobility, a little less damage, but increases the survival chance, cuz u dont need to walk till the monster.

what u guys think about it?

Post Posted: Tuesday, 27. May 2014, 23:34:41 
Level 30

TL;DR version: Priest can engage quickly, but cannot escape as quickly and easily as some other classes.

As an int focused Priest, you naturally have access to Chaos Boots, but they are of less use for a healer.

If you had tried playing globe in pvp against classes with stuns or silencing abilities, you would have seen just how slow Globe is.
The globe itself appears to move more slowly than other teleporting abilities, and it requires a second use to actually move, when most of the time, your character will actually be standing still until that happens.

And as I mentioned before, the type of movement including the stun is most useful to a tank. Due to stuns from creeps, it can hardly be used as an escape even in PvE.

For an offensive playstyle, that does not include much healing, I suppose, that Globe could replace Holy Light, and maybe even Dream Splitter, although Dream Splitter is the main DPS next to Wall Of Light.
Sky Light can theoretically be replaced by Globe, but it alters the playstyle of the character significantly. Sky Light is most useful at kiting enemies, whereas Globe is used to face them head on. I am unsure about the DPS of Sky Light in melee range, but concerning the general purpose of the side effect, they do not work together very well (again, because Globe is not an escape spell).

Post Posted: Wednesday, 28. May 2014, 04:52:09 
Level 4

Favorite Class: Warrior
Garena Account: DeBem
nice view, i'll try other build with my globe and see if i like that

wish me good luck

Post Posted: Wednesday, 28. May 2014, 06:53:43 
Level 22

gbembecker wrote:
Hi, i'm making a priest, my build is str:110 and int:210, its pretty good to me, i have a good damage with a good heal as well.

you said that priest is slow, but u forget that globe skill, i think that this skill is the mobility he needs, cuz i teleports him and stun the monsters, something i use alot, cuz u teleport in the midle of the monsters, and spam wall of light, till they die.

this skill can replace holy light, sky light or dream spliter, giving the priest more mobility, a little less damage, but increases the survival chance, cuz u dont need to walk till the monster.

what u guys think about it?

Hello gbembecker - thank you for your notice. I also prefer your build - enough for healing (besides if you play with one tank an you are killing bosses with same lvl or bosses with high lvl) and pretty good for damage.

About Globe - PSYCHO[dkdc] get a detailed response, I concur with his notice. About DPS - maybe I will calculate it and add to guide these statistics - I think it would be usefull))
Also it's a matter of taste about Globe - I started to play Priest only as a healer and I'm used to be behind the tank and enemy units -> I didn't use Globe ;)

Quote:
wish me good luck

Good luck! Keep your observations on=)

Post Posted: Saturday, 31. May 2014, 03:16:59 
Level 4

Awesome guide! Glad you keep it up to date :D

Keep it up!

Elemental Mage: 60 MP
Seraph: 60 MP
Warrior: 53 MP
Ranger: Level 36
Priest: Level 50

Post Posted: Saturday, 31. May 2014, 07:55:07 
Level 22

LeonKennedy wrote:
Awesome guide! Glad you keep it up to date :D

Keep it up!

LeonKennedy, thank you dude!) I will try ;)

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Priest