Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Priest

Post subject: power and damage :X
 Post Posted: Tuesday, 13. November 2012, 10:25:20 
Level 4

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Assassin
Garena Account: lBlooD_machinel
Well... I have problems with this beacouse idk if spellpower work like spelldamage or focus in another think... I need know this to make more eficient my prist :P

Thanks for all replys :D

Post subject: Re: power and damage :X
 Post Posted: Tuesday, 13. November 2012, 13:15:44 
Administrator

spellpower is spelldamage + spellheal together.
if an item increases your spellpower by 10% you get +10% spelldamage and +10% spellheal.

Robbepop

Post Posted: Tuesday, 13. November 2012, 22:19:27 
Level 4

Favorite Class: Assassin
Garena Account: lBlooD_machinel
Oh thanks for the info... I start this map with a assassin, but now I test this mage and thief my heart!

Post Posted: Saturday, 22. February 2014, 18:40:18 
Level 22

Favorite Class: Priest
BlooD_machine wrote:
Oh thanks for the info... I start this map with a assassin, but now I test this mage and thief my heart!

ahaha I understand you))) My friend (he is playing warrior) constantly wondering how I can heal and damage at the same time))

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Monday, 24. February 2014, 13:46:59 
Level 30

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
You are actually not able to deal any damage, that would be comparable to that of damage dealing builds of other classes, as long as your heals are supposed to be more than just keeping yourself alive.

You will notice the difference in endgame battles, when your DPS might be too low to kill Cronos, and your HPS too low to keep up a vulnerable group (some people prefer builds, that are able to survive on their own, but they deal significantly less damage (like 60-70% of the strong damage builds), and in addition to that, I find these solo builds somewhat boring, and they demonstrate, why I consider the game to be too easy) at Merati with the same build.

As someone, who has put together several groups for Merati, I can tell you, that anything below 200 str is not recognised as a healing role in that fight, and as a Priest player, that anything below 200 int will not deal significant damage, even if it is a viable solo build.

If you want to play int dps with current balance, I suggest Elemental Mage. If you want to be a healer, I suggest you put so much into str, that your damage will hardly be noticable, but you will rarely see anyone die.

Post Posted: Monday, 24. February 2014, 14:35:23 
Administrator

PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
As someone, who has put together several groups for Merati, I can tell you, that anything below 200 str is not recognised as a healing role in that fight, and as a Priest player, that anything below 200 int will not deal significant damage, even if it is a viable solo build.

Hiho,

sorry for being offtopic, but we DO need more videos about fighting against merati! :P

Robbepop

Post Posted: Tuesday, 25. February 2014, 01:00:02 
Level 30

I will bring that up the next time I get together a group, but as I said in the shoutbox or some clan / new posts, interest has been declining again.
Also, could you confirm, whether there should or should not be corpses from killed trees on Wonder Island? If not, I will submit a formal bug report in the appropriate section.

Also sorry @OT.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 25. February 2014, 09:07:09 
Level 22

Favorite Class: Priest
PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
You are actually not able to deal any damage, that would be comparable to that of damage dealing builds of other classes, as long as your heals are supposed to be more than just keeping yourself alive.

You will notice the difference in endgame battles, when your DPS might be too low to kill Cronos, and your HPS too low to keep up a vulnerable group (some people prefer builds, that are able to survive on their own, but they deal significantly less damage (like 60-70% of the strong damage builds), and in addition to that, I find these solo builds somewhat boring, and they demonstrate, why I consider the game to be too easy) at Merati with the same build.

If you want to play int dps with current balance, I suggest Elemental Mage. If you want to be a healer, I suggest you put so much into str, that your damage will hardly be noticable, but you will rarely see anyone die.

It's really cognitive to listen more advanced players) I haven't got any experiance with Merati and I can't proof that priest can be usefull as a damage dealer in this fight))
But when I'm playing with my friend (warrior 4/0/1 and worse equipment) I'm making more damage then him to crips asa well as to bosses))Also I have to make more damage))) But obviosely he is a tank and if he has an agility build he will make more damage then me))
Nevertheless I guess that priest can be a good DD till Merati because
1) He has several damage skills;
2) These skills also can heal an ally at the same time;
3) He also has got a suppot skills =)

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Tuesday, 25. February 2014, 13:00:17 
Administrator

PSYCHO[dkdc] wrote:
I will bring that up the next time I get together a group, but as I said in the shoutbox or some clan / new posts, interest has been declining again.
Also, could you confirm, whether there should or should not be corpses from killed trees on Wonder Island? If not, I will submit a formal bug report in the appropriate section.

Also sorry @OT.

As far as I can remember every creep in GoH (but a few special ones) should leave a corpse behind for the necromancer. Keep in mind that sometimes corpses are invisible but existing. ;-)

Robbepop

Post Posted: Tuesday, 25. February 2014, 14:06:01 
Level 30

They do in fact not leave corpses, unlike dragons. I know this, because spells like Dead Raising or Hell Summon do not summon the respective minions after having killed more than enough trees in the same spot.

Thank you for your confirmation, I will submit a bug report asap.

A Priest can be a damage dealer, but his damage is significantly lower than that of actual damage builds (if you want to compare him to Warrior, there are some powerful agi + Concentrate and str + Spelldamage builds), and if a Priest is able to deal damage, the healing will be so low, that healing another player, who does not survive with potions alone, will take the full attention (I have played both int Priest and vulnerable dps builds with other classes).

On the other hand, a healing Priest will heal over 200 HPS with just one Hand of Kahjem cast every 30 seconds (which btw is UP, even though it sounds strong in this context). That, and an occasional Holy Light (which is the active spell with the weakest overall healing for Priest) gets almost everyone to full HP immediately (I personally heal over 3k with Holy Light, over 100% with Great Deserve, and over 10k over 3.5 seconds with Wall of Light).

My point is, that three Priests, that do not focus on either damage or healing, would probably have a smaller effect than two, that have focused their entire stats, items, and spells to that purpose. The only convenience would be having one additional revive cooldown.

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Priest