Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Priest

Post subject: new skill for priest ?
 Post Posted: Monday, 19. November 2012, 06:14:29 
Level 2

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: vipmen2309
Robbepop, are you gonna make a new skill for priest replace Hand of Kahjem ?

In my opinion, Hand of Kahjem is a useless skill. Incresing HP regen is not very useful when you fight agaisnt boss. can you replace this skill with another skill such as heal multi-target ?

another problem is Globe, when you're in a combat, you use this skill to escape, but you have to wait the orb move to the right possition to move out the combat. do you have enough time to do too much things at the same time ? healing to keep you alive, damage the mob, and watching the orb ??? I think you should replace this skill with another skill like metalist's riftwalk or element mage's wave or something you can use to move out the combat immediately.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 25. December 2012, 17:51:14 
Level 30

Hand of Kahjem is mainly useful in large groups. For my heal-Priest it should increase the regeneration by about 100 hp/s (no teal items). That is much less than what you can heal with other skills, but cast it on yourself and four allies and you already have 500 hp/s, which may not be as good as wall of light or even great deserve on 6k hp tanks, but better than holy light.

To keep yourself alive Wall of Light is a great skill, as both ends fire missiles that heal you (8 missiles in 4 seconds, you get healed by around (400 + 4x str)*sh in total). So when you cast that, you do not have to watch your health for 4 seconds, which is enough time to cast globe and tp out (although the delay of the porting to the actual globe missile is hard to anticipate in general). Damaging the mob should then easily be done with one cast of Sky Light / Dream Splitter.

Post Posted: Wednesday, 02. January 2013, 14:15:50 
Level 30

Garena Account: LorenzorroX_X
you can use hand of kahjem lvl 1 to spam starfall while lvling just fine. The use on lvl 60 gets somewhat limited. I think the spell should be an active partybuff with the same effects like atm but bigger cd.

Guide to create custom hotkeys for Goh

Post Posted: Wednesday, 02. January 2013, 22:54:55 
Level 30

I agree on that with you, but that would not increase the hp/s, which is still much lower than Wall Of Light (from hereon as WOL). To uphold the concept of GoH Rpg's free skill choice, all skills need an equal use, so not some of them are mandatory and others remain almost unused. Right now, there is a problem with WOL being very strong and Hand Of Kahjem (from hereon as HOK) being very weak in comparison. I think double heal for HOK may be OP, but say 50% more and instead a shorter duration could fix the hp/s difference between WOL and HOK to some extend.
Also as I already said, I would like to see it as PBAoE buff instead of single target, with bigger manacosts and increased cooldown.
Right now HOK regenerates 135 hp/s per target for me. That means, that I have to cast it on 7 targets to get the same use I have for WOL, if that only hits one target, and in addition it does damage.
I suggest, that HOK affects all allied units in 600 range, and increases their regeneration by
40+25% str instead of the current 15+15% str (level 10 values, values per ability level are those devided by 10; no lvl 1 bonus). In addition, decreasing the duration from 30 to 20 seconds, increasing the cooldown from 1 to 15 seconds, and increasing the manacost from 100 to 300.
This would make it a reliable spell without making it overpowered compared to WOL. In this scenario, HOK will heal more than WOL if the number of targets affected by HOK is about 3.5 times as high as the number of targets affected by WOL.

Wow, I was wrong. I tested WOL again and noticed, that it does not only hit 4 times in the 4 second duration, but 7. What I did already know, was that those hits are doubled. So right now my WOL heals me for 6328 HP in 4 seconds... HOK adds 4068 HP in total regeneration over 30 seconds... I think now it is obvious how underpowered HOK is, because you can hit several targets with WOL as easy as you can hit several targets with HOK, it might even be easier, since you only have to cast it once and might hit 5 allies, if they allign well and your aim is good (works well especially for summons like skeleton warriors and frost summons, spiders from spider arrow usually get onehit, so heal is useless on them), whereas you have to cast 8 times in 8 seconds to even have the same amount healed, not to mention that it is only useful if all targets have less than full hp for 30 seconds.
Applying my suggestion to this, HOK would hit more targets more easily than WOL, and heal a total of 5135 per target (all absolute values are calculated by my current gear) over 20 seconds. This would achieve at least a similar total heal, although by far not the same overall hp/s, because WOL can still be casted more often.
If this topic is not replied to by a moderator or Robbepop in the next week I will repost that Idea into Suggestions.

Edit1: For whom it may not be evident: I used my old assumptions of 4 double hits of WOL for the first part of my post and did not alter it after realising the 7 double hits, to emphasize how underpowered HOK actually is.

Post Posted: Wednesday, 02. January 2013, 23:58:54 
Level 30

Garena Account: LorenzorroX_X
HOK and WOL have some big differences wich make those spells almost incomparable:
1. HOK does no damage unlike WOL
2. WOL needs you/enemies to stay in it to work.

Beside that i agree that there is a need for some balance :)
I think HOK shouldnt have as big heal as WOL does but it should be decently more than it is now.
Furthermore WOL needs some decent nerf (i soloed azura on lvl 30 just by spamming WOL wich is kinda stupid and shows how op that spell is.

Guide to create custom hotkeys for Goh

Post Posted: Thursday, 03. January 2013, 03:21:56 
Level 30

I partially agree. And as you can see, even with my suggested buff for HOK it would still heal less than WOL. It is not hard to place the WOL for you, allies and enemies to stay in it (granted, it is not easy either, but aiming with HOK is not easy in big fights either, because you have to hit an exact target and not just the ground). Also, HOK was shown to be weaker than WOL without counting the damage in, making the difference even greater (kinda reminds me of an ordering axiom from my calculus class, but that's offtopic).
In the end, I have run some calculations again, and they show, that WOL is not even that overpowered, compared to some other spells and damage spells (the heal of WOL is a little higher due to item perks, but not much). So imo now it's mostly the other Priest-spells and the enemies, that are underpowered (considering WOL does both heal and do damage it would still not hurt to reduce both a little, e.g. 40+40% str/int instead of 50+50% or maybe 35+35%).

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Priest