Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Shoutbox

Board index » Off Topic » Off Topic

Post subject: Situation on the Ukraine
 Post Posted: Thursday, 15. May 2014, 07:00:13 
Level 22

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Priest
What do you think about events on the Ukraine?
I live in russia and it's interesting to know how people from other countries see this problem=)
It's a sore subject but all views are welcome!

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Thursday, 15. May 2014, 12:46:09 

Favorite Class: Necromancer
Garena Account: xMasterjax
Spoiler

Aaanyway, aside from Putin being major badass character, as far as Serbia is concerned, I am very unhappy to inform you that people nearly have no knowledge of what is even going on (at least in this region). Most just spread "USA and Commies hate each other, and Ukraine has to suffer!" propaganda, even though it has only a little truth in it.

Oh, people are also talking about how hot Natalia Poklonskaya is. Yep, we are pro-russians because Crimean Prosecutor General is hot :D. Thats how politics go in Serbia at least.

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to see how these sanctions turn out. Seriously, EU is just poking the bear :D

Post Posted: Thursday, 15. May 2014, 16:14:41 
Level 2

Favorite Class: Assassin
Garena Account: WetCouch
I'm living in Poland, and there still everybody is talking about Ukraine, in TV Info programs there is much about Ukraine. As far as i know, people mostly are angry at Putin, but for me its exaggerated because ppl are for example comparing Putin and Hitler, wtf, i don't undertand it, i know, that they can be angry for Putin, but don't exaggerate. And Europe? What are doing Europe? Of course, there is sanctions, but mostly they are only saying that situation between Russia and Ukraine is "disturbing"...
Polish government is stupid, they are saying "Ukraine, join UE!" etc. its wrong way, for me, Russia is only waiting for it. They want to show rest of world that Russia still have power, let UE and USA ask them for help, or something like it.
There is also another thing. Have you heared about Putin want to make russian internet work like china? If he will do this, it will be propably his biggest failure in Russia, finally ppl in Russia will be also angry at Putin, really angry.

Sry for my bad english, and unreadable post :s

Post Posted: Friday, 16. May 2014, 04:57:43 
Administrator

in my opinion the main problem is the governmental suppression of the media in russia controled by putin alone. look at the image below.

there are several stories told by several different medias. The one story comes from russian media and the other stories from western media. However, the truth is seldomly told by anyone ...

People are easily influenced by media in any country. Many heads of states just found this out and so did putin. Putin is not good or bad. He just wants the same as nearly all other heads of states do want - the just represent the interests of their countries and nothing more. Putin may have other strategies than e.g. obama, but all in all it comes down to exactly this ...

Robbepop

Post Posted: Friday, 16. May 2014, 08:06:32 
Level 22

Thank you for your responses)) They are interesting)

Masterja
Spoiler
Your images is relevant and I concur with it)
Quote:
I am very unhappy to inform you that people nearly have no knowledge of what is even going on (at least in this region)

Absolutely agreeed!

About Natalia Poklonskaya I don't know why she became so popular, in spite of she is not to my taste, it's not my opinion - her looks is ordinary for East Slavic type)) I can explain her popularity only that it's hard to understand how such a young and pretty women became a chief Prosecutor=))

WetCouch
Spoiler
I concur - it would be mistake if Ukraine joins EU - but not for russian expectations, it's wrong way as Ukraine as well as UE:
1) Ukranian economy now is dead -> UE would have to support Ukraine but you also know about some serious problems with Spain, Greece, Italy.......
2) Experiance of many eastern countries show that these integration doesn't solve a lot of problems that they want to=) It's a big theme with many opinions but it's a fact - expectations were larger than reality
3) Ukranian system are totally not fit to UE requirements - I mean Maastricht Treaty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maastricht_Treaty)

Quote:
There is also another thing. Have you heared about Putin want to make russian internet work like china? If he will do this, it will be propably his biggest failure in Russia, finally ppl in Russia will be also angry at Putin, really angry.

It would not be I think) Putin yourself doesn't tell about it -he only said about a big influence USA to the worldweb)) I hope it would not be because I want to proceed visit the GOH community forum=) :D

Robbepop
Spoiler
I'm totally agreed! Nice picture! The main problem is information war at all - this war are destroys all another opinions...
I like 1984 novel by George Orwell - unfortunatelly propaganda has a lot of ways to influence now.

P.S. I study at historical faculty, live in Russia and visit Crimea very often - thus this theme is so close to me, if you would like how situation is develop on Russia and crymea I can tell you=)

http://goh-rpg.forumprofi.de/priest-f14/priest-guide-1-35c-by-igrush-updated-23-06-2015--t1896.html

Post Posted: Saturday, 17. May 2014, 13:24:53 
Administrator

Quote:
P.S. I study at historical faculty, live in Russia and visit Crimea very often - thus this theme is so close to me, if you would like how situation is develop on Russia and crymea I can tell you=)

go on to tell us. it is an interesting topic, it would be very nice to get information more or less firsthand and you seem to be knowledgeable about it in several different ways - besides that, this is the off-topic section. ;-)

Post Posted: Monday, 19. May 2014, 13:05:20 
Level 22

Robbepop wrote:
Quote:

go on to tell us. it is an interesting topic, it would be very nice to get information more or less firsthand and you seem to be knowledgeable about it in several different ways - besides that, this is the off-topic section. ;-)

Thank you Robbe!
Maybe it's interesting in Europe how russian people relate to Ukranian situation and to Putin's actions:
1) Of course there are no solidarity at the society but annexation of the Crimea most of people support.
2) As I say I visit Crimea very often (thanks for archaeological expeditions) - I dare to claim that most of people in the Crimea are also glad of joining=) Obviously not 96% - but majority I'm sure)
3) Most of russian people support Putin's policy - now his rate is higher then last autumn - about 65-70% - this is a high percent - you know.
4) Most of russian people also haven't endorse war actions on the Ukraine - we want to live with Ukraine in peace - they are our close neighbors - a lot of russians and ukrainians have a relatives and friends in each over - not so far our countries were a unite state...

Post Posted: Saturday, 31. May 2014, 08:16:49 
Level 22

As you know there was a President elections on the Ukraine (25/05/2014)
Piotr Poroshenko has got more 50% voices and became a new President.
What are russian people think about it?
1) There are no suitable pro-russians candidate and couldn't be
2) Piotr Poroshenko is the most compromise figure
3) But he is also an oligarch and colleague of previos nobles) and he was in Azarov Kabinet => he only partly represents a new force on the Ukraine.
Unfortunatelly he renews an active part of war-operation on the east-Ukraine and all leaders (I really mean all) - Putin, Poroshenko, authorities of East-Ukraine, European Community and USA are not sat down for talks...

Post Posted: Sunday, 01. June 2014, 23:39:20 
Administrator

so how do you think will russia (aka putin) manage the election of this new president? will russia strengthen their forces nearby ukraine or will they move to more diplomatic courses towards the eastern part of the ukraine? what would general russian people want and in what way does the russian media influence the russian population?

Post Posted: Monday, 02. June 2014, 05:41:39 
Level 22

Robbepop wrote:
so how do you think will russia (aka putin) manage the election of this new president? will russia strengthen their forces nearby ukraine or will they move to more diplomatic courses towards the eastern part of the ukraine? what would general russian people want and in what way does the russian media influence the russian population?

1) I hope russia "move to more diplomatic courses", I think Putin doesn't send troops on the eastern europe.
2) I think russia recognize the president elections on the Ukraine when sides agree about economical aspects and especially about the price of gas.
3) Russian people want a peace because as I said earlier "a lot of russians and ukrainians have a relatives and friends in each over"
4) About russian media - it's a one big trouble at all... All official channels show just cruelty from West-Ukranian people...But russian people still have a free Internet and can try to find a more objective information...But do they try? I guess know unfortunatelly...for a lot of reasons.

Board index » Off Topic » Off Topic