Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Elemental Mage

Post Posted: Monday, 05. September 2011, 20:32:44 
Administrator

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello,

I just wanted to ask you about your opinion to a remake of the elemental mage for v1.22?
Do you like the current elemental mage abilities or not?

I already had some nice ideas which would in general decrease his imbalanced damage output but increase his low defense with abilities which you then have to use wisely and with skill!

E.g.:

- Pentagram -> Lightning Strike:
Target: ground, Casting Range: 700
The elemental mage summons a lightning strike at the target location which comes down after 1 second damaging all enemy units within that area dependend on his intelligence.
Cooldown: 1-2 seconds, no Channeling!

- Electrical Discharge -> Momentum:
Passiv: Whenever the elemental mage casts an ability he will push away all enemy units within an AoE of 400 arround him.
(No extra damage but it keeps your enemies away from you!)

- Inflammable Skin -> Burning Sword / Burning Mind
Toggle: On activation the elemental mage increases his attack damage, on deactivation the elemental mage increases his mana regeneration.
No mana costs as this is a passive skill with toggle effect!
(This skill allows you to skill on agility!)

- Frost Way -> Water Form:
The elemental mage shifts his body into water for a short periode of time which gives him 100% evasion. (Very defensiv skill, again for agility purpose!)

- Paralyse -> Tornado
Target: ground, Casting Range: 800
The elemental mage summons a tornado and surfs on it to the target-end location damaging all enemy units in the way and knocking them into the air for a short periode of time.

And some additional effects to Explo and Blizzard:
When the elemental mage uses Explo or Blizzard while standing under the buff of Flame Guardian (for Explo) or Water Form (for Blizzard) he will instantly teleport to that location.

With this addition the elemental mage has enough teleport spells to escape from the most actions while skill is a must-have! :P

Robbepop

Post Posted: Monday, 05. September 2011, 20:55:54 

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: TakIntI
THAT IS DA MAGE!!
A wizard should do many omgwtfwasthis things and as long as i see our previous mage has nothing like that since NOW!
These spells are really great and i was thinking about the warrior guild begins to turn in another mage guild, and no hero turns to warrior in mage guild.
i was really scared to see all people is on int-base builds :O
and THIS will be a start to make warriors strong again as once they were(older versions).
And even if noone ever thinks about making mage a battlemage, then its ok again cuz this new skills are more about player's playability. We wont spamm all we have! This is what i want from a mage: THINKING! on what spell he should do to win the battle.
A mage is a clever one a genius compared to others. So why the f**k a mage spams his all spells like he were sh*ting?

So really thanks to u robbe u solved the mage's problem which noone ever sees..
Cuz noone ever wants to see it..
pls make these changes robbe so there wont be any PRO PLAYERS which spams skills and overloading his ego with this.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 08:33:27 
Level 18

Garena Account: CokeDragon
Quote:
E.g.:

- Pentagram -> Lightning Strike:
Target: ground, Casting Range: 700
The elemental mage summons a lightning strike at the target location which comes down after 1 second damaging all enemy units within that area dependend on his intelligence.
Cooldown: 1-2 seconds, no Channeling!

Nice skill if u did not change electrical discharge.

Quote:
- Electrical Discharge -> Momentum:
Passiv: Whenever the elemental mage casts an ability he will push away all enemy units within an AoE of 400 arround him.
(No extra damage but it keeps your enemies away from you!)

Since u suggesting agi build, u may add a buff which boost attack speed for a short period. 3s?

Quote:
- Inflammable Skin -> Burning Sword / Burning Mind
Toggle: On activation the elemental mage increases his attack damage, on deactivation the elemental mage increases his mana regeneration.
No mana costs as this is a passive skill with toggle effect!
(This skill allows you to skill on agility!)

But do you remove the firenova?

Quote:
- Frost Way -> Water Form:
The elemental mage shifts his body into water for a short periode of time which gives him 100% evasion. (Very defensiv skill, again for agility purpose!)

I would prefer frost arrow. :D
Or spell like when hitting frost mobs, EM increase his damage.

Quote:
- Paralyse -> Tornado
Target: ground, Casting Range: 800
The elemental mage summons a tornado and surfs on it to the target-end location damaging all enemy units in the way and knocking them into the air for a short periode of time.

Nice! this spell make a space time for EM to refresh other skills.

Quote:
And some additional effects to Explo and Blizzard:
When the elemental mage uses Explo or Blizzard while standing under the buff of Flame Guardian (for Explo) or Water Form (for Blizzard) he will instantly teleport to that location.

With this addition the elemental mage has enough teleport spells to escape from the most actions while skill is a must-have! :P

Not bad.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 10:15:36 
Level 14

Favorite Class: Seraph
I'm not sure what your trying to achieve here actually sorry.

A Mage should be skill based and what balances him out is his huge dps from spells compared to his paper in a rainstorm like survivability.

Form the skills your also giving him melee based path which is starting to basically turn him into your seraph character.

If you want to make more skill paths perhaps look into giving him a AOE build, Single target build and support build.

By making Blizzard + Waterform a teleport you do limit it's use somewhat since you dont always want to teleport and you don't want to have to toggle waterform on and off. This is in my wait and see catagory.

For Momentum that will be a huge drop in DPS which I think is fair but an always push is a bit much you can effectivly make yourself invulnrable. It needs to be a % chance that may increase at evey skill level. This is the same as giving the range knockback on every arrow they fire but now its every mob around you.

For Tornado Id say make it a stun for same duration instead of knocking mobs into the air.

my 2c

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 10:29:38 

Actually yes momentum is a nice one but pushing all enemies back will be a bit annoying with everyspell u use. Probably making momentum an active one and adding dmg to it will solve the problem.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 12:22:29 
Administrator

hiho,

well then i got another spell idea which is similar to momentum.

-> The elemental mage summons a strong wind to push enemies within a fan in front of him away and damage them.

I could also give the momentum passive a cooldown for the effect. :P

Robbepop

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 14:49:36 
Administrator

hiho,

so ...
I've added the thunderbolt spell and removed pentagram because I just felt that spell was really imbalanced and boring. The new ability is real fun.^^

And I got another idea for momentum which shell replace Electrical Discharge.
Would it be okay if you could activate it for the effect and deactivate if you don't want the enemies to get pulled away?

Robbepop

edit:
If I don't replace electrical discharge with another spell I have got an important question:
This spell is too imbalanced and deals too much damage.
So either I decrease its area of effect from 400 to 300 or I increase it from 400 to 500 but decrease the damage of this passive. What is better in your opinion?

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 15:42:52 
Level 14

Favorite Class: Priest
i like u ideas and activation of skill is very good =) also need for old knockback .just give us beta to give u more info about skills and balance :)

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 16:40:50 

decreasing electric discharge's range will do nothing we ll just have to get more closer.
this knockback thing is quite fine (maybe replace it with the name Unleashing Magic Power to make it more cool :D) but pushing them all with every spell is kinda bad idea.
maybe connecting momentum to certain spells will solve it.
for example using thunderbolt will unleash momentum so enemies will be pushed back and it ll be hard to dmg them with thunderbolt cuz they ll be gone away from the bolt area.
But connecting it to waterform, explo and blizzard will do fine. And probably other spells which u ll find (:

Last edited by TakIntI on Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 16:49:27, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 06. September 2011, 16:44:32 

Quote:
For Tornado Id say make it a stun for same duration instead of knocking mobs into the air.

Also with this change momentum can be usefull with tornado too.
But add a minimisied dmg to momentum (:
And cone is a bad idea cuz its not usable with these new spells. but to older ones its good.

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Elemental Mage