Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Assassin

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 04:21:15 
Level 3

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Assassin
Yet Another Useless Giude!

BOOMBOOMKID's Assassin Guide
Okay, Since I've seen there isn't any kind of Guide for assassin and after playing this class for a while, I decided to make a Complete guide for this particular character.

Let's Get This Started.

What is gonna be included in this Guide:
1. Introduction
2. Pros and Cons
3. Skills
4. Gameplay
5. Leveling
6. Items

1. Introduction.
Assassin is a decent DPS in tis game, The class itself isnt' much difficult to play with, But without the right item build you'll end up dead in matter of no time.
This class isn't the best to solo bosses since the last updates but it's possible with Enough skill and the right item build on it.
This hero is based on Illusions, Evasion and Agility based attacks to beat the crap out of any opponent.
If you like to be sneaky and deadly, this is your class.

2. Pros and Cons.

Pros:
Quite a good DPS
His illusions keep him alive a lot longer than other classes
Can attack both single target and groups.
Good to kill bosses early / mid game
Has a Silence / Slow ability When used with a Part int Build.

Cons:
Relys on Manasteal and Lifesteal to survive
Item dependant to kill Bosses late game [Not always]
Not the best DPS

3. Skills
a. Daggerhail
Throws a hail of daggers around him and silences enemies + slows them
Used only on Part int build, Usefull for escaping and also deals a nice amount of damage when used with int build.
It's also usefull for scaping from enemies or silencing bosses as support for your team.

b. Wrath of the Shadows

Creates an amount of shadows equal to the enemies around an AoE.
This skill is one of the most used assassin skills and it helps to take down large groups of mobs easily, it's also used for survivability purposes since you can just pop it to scape from a large group w/o getting hit.
This skill can only create a max of 5 illusions which last 5 seconds, but combined with other spells you can increase the amount of illusions summoned, We'll see that later on.

c. Bloody Lust

Gives you Lifesteal depending your assassin's STR.
This skill is one of the best skills to take bosses down, you can easily solo Naga / Broodmother / Dragonis just by using that skill and perhaps combining it with some others later on. When you're lossing HP since your Lifesteal isn't enough, Just pop this and watch how your HP goes up.
This is imo one of the best skills to take down bosses early / mid game since you can't rely on your lifesteal at that time due to your lack of items. It's adviced to pick it as your first skill aswell. Along with Wrath of the Shadows you'll be able to farm a lot early / mid game.

d. Battle Gas
Slows Attack and Movespeed of enemies and Gives them a chance to miss.
Having trouble with a big group? Pop BG then WotS, then BL and watch how your HP goes up while they all die.
This is also one of the best skills to take down groups and also bosses, The chance to miss is definetly awesome and slowing their movementspeed also helps a lot, Combine BG with Frost attack and Daggerhail and your opponent will be attacking as slow as a Snail, AND with high chances to miss due to your Evasion and The chance to miss BG provides.

e. Blink Srike

Blinks to the back of a target and deals damage based on your assassin's AGI.
Usually helps to move forward on a teamfight and take down an important enemy, the damage it deals is pretty nice aswell, Specially while using a Part int build due to the Spelldamage it provides.
Blink strike is part of my queue list aswell, Queue'ing Blink Strike with Backstab lets you instastun any enemy for 3 seconds and dealing a lot of dmg on any type of build.

f. Combo
Resets the Cooldown of your Last ability and restores mana depending on your assassin's STR
It's not the best skill to use, Personally I find it pointless to use a skill which resets the cooldown of any ability when most of your skills have a reall low cooldown and BL lasts for almost 75% of the Cooldown of the ability itself, I'd rather spend points on anything else. However on int build it could be used to reset some spell to DPS even harder and on Agi builds it could be used to rest Battle gas which is really usefull against some Bosses / Mobs.

g. Heart Stab
Hits the enemy for your assassin's INT and Heals you for a STR dependant amount
This skill is ONLY to be used on Int build, it provides a nice amount of damage and also restores some HP to you [Works with Spellheal] and it has a 5 Second cooldown so it's spammable and should be used ONLY on int builds.

h. Shuriken

Throws a Shuriken in a Straight line an Deals damage to the first enemy that hits.
I don't really see the point of this skill aswell, the damage is pretty low even for high Agi builds and it just hits 1 enemy, The only good thing about it is the range, but since you have blink strike to deal damage you won't rely that much on this skill on any kind of build.

i. Backstab
Deals damage based on Assassin's AGI and Stuns them if used on target's back.
As explained before, this skill is usefull while queueing it with Blink strike, [Shift queue] since it's one of the only few ways your stun will land, specially if your gonna solo some bosses.
Could be used for both AGI or INT Based builds but the higher damage outcome is made on INT based one.

j. Ilu Attack
Each attack the assassin does has a 10% chance to create an illusion of herself that deals 100% of her dmg [Lv.10] but takes 300% dmg.
This skill is one of the best skills for Agi Based assassins and it will increase your chances of surviving huge amounts of creeps alone.
When those illusions are created, mobs will automatically attack it regardless of some stuff, However, skills like Stuns, Chains, etc. Will be cast on the original assassin and never on the illusions, You can take that into account when your tryna survive some mobs with skills like those.
The good thing about this skill is that it doesn't have an Illusion limit, sop casting WotS and auto attackin with this could increase the amount of illusions created to 7 / 8 / 9 / even 10 with a High AS.
Definetly one of the most usefull skills on assassin's list and MUST be used on AGI based Builds.

k. Evasion

Has a 25% chance [Lv.10] to evade an attack and after 5 evaded attacks an illusion is created.
This skill if the third skill in the most important list. 25% evasion chance is already nice, But creating illusions for being attacked is even better, specially if your farming in Battle Plains or places where you find enemies with High attackspeed.
Combining this with BG is also usefull as hell, The chances to get hit are almost 0. And taking into account the slows you can land on enemies / bosses, you'll be almost invulnerable for some time.
Definetly a MUST on AGI Builds.

l. Stealth
Gives you invisibility and MAX speed for 5.0 Seconds [Lv.10] and if you attack while on Stealth you'll make bonus damage depending on Assassin's AGI.
Overall nice skill, specially usefull for scaping when you have low HP or to avoid some mob / boss to aggro you in a teamfight, The bonus damage isn't as nice as Blink Strike or Backstab dmg , but it's decent we can say.

4. Gameplay

STR + AGI Build

2 / 3 / 0 Until Lv.30
1 / 4 / 0 Lv. 30 to 60

This build is my personal Favourite. and it's usually used for Auto attack damage only.
You'll be able to solo Bosses Early / Mid game, However for Hell or Dreamworld you're gonna need at least a teammate to help you out, a Priest would be enough or even a Seraph / Warrior works,
The damage and lifesteal you get on this build is the best ingame. You can get around 85% Lifesteal with items on this build and you can get it up to 125 / 135 By using BL.
Soloing Bosses has became really difficult for Melee Classes but I used to solo Aska with no Problem at all, and I'm gonna make some attepmts to kill Chronos and see how it goes, I think it's pretty much doable.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

AGI + INT Build

1 / 2 / 2 Till Lv.30
0 / 2 / 3 From 30 to 60
With this build you focus on Spelldamage and Agility / Int based spells and Increasing its damage by getting Spelldamage items, Farming with this build isn't the best thing to do and it's also not the best build for soloing anything, But for group supporting and group-based DPS this is a really nice build.

Hybrid.

2 / 2 / 1
I haven't really tried this build and I'm not quite sure about it, I'll update this guide once I test it.

STR + INT Build

3 / 2 / 0 Till Lv.20
3 / 0 / 2 From Lv.20 to Lv.60

This build is meant to be used with a Few spells and it's more a tank build than anything else, You wont' be able to kill Bosses due to their regen and your lack of damage which could be countered as I investigate this build further, However it's an overall nice Build (Thanks to Elprede21)

5. Leveling up

Levels 0 - 10
Farm on Kobolds till Lv.6 / 8 and then head to Wolfest Rock, Using WotS + BL will make killing Wolfs a piece of cake. Try to get lifesteal items and a Lifesteal Rune at Lv.10, You'll need it till you're Lv.30 or so and you might even keep using it till Lv.40 when you find better items.

Levels 10 - 20
Farm on Wolfest Rock and Head to Murloc Islands at Lv.12, End up killing in Taya Mountains at Lv.18. Keep leveling WotS and BL and add some instances of Ilu attack at this point, that will help you to kill faster and survive a lil more.

Levels 20 - 30

Level up in Gems Road Till Lv.24 and Head to Orc Cam after Lv.25, With your Ilusions and Some Lifesteal items it won't be hard to kill there. Try making the quest aswell to kill those annoying towers which will make it harder to level up there for you. Spam WotS, BG and BL to get HP and kill enemies as fast as possible, to avoid dying there

Levels 30 - 40
Travel to Naga Region and Kill there, Those mobs are pretty easy to kill and give a decent amount of exp, you won't find any fiurther difficulty in this zone, Just stay away from the Naga queen boss for now, It's not diable for now. Make the quest in there aswell, you'll find that exp reall usefull, You can also run some Azura runs for items, they're usefull for you.

Levels 40 - 50
You can Level up in swamp with enough Lifesteal, you should have a Vampiric dagger By now, along with some other lifesteal item. Try to boost your attackspeed and damage a bit to make it effective.
Keep leveling up Your main skills and add BG to the list. Always try to kill Smokey_Bud in order to get Spider items which are made for assassin [Spider Web, Mask]

Levels 50 - 60
You can just level up in Battle Plains and try to farm yourself a set aswell, Killing units with a High AS will be easy with your Evasion skill at max level, Try to avoid mob zergs since they're deaadly for you for now.
At this point your lifesteal should be enough to keep you alive but you still rely on your BL skill, and you will untill you get to 50MP.

6. Items

Lv.10 / 20:
Spoiler
ImageImage
ImageImage

Those items will provide you enough Lifesteal and Mana to cast your spells, The manasteal from the Gem also helps to spam your spells more often and create more illusions,

Lv. 20 / 30
Spoiler
ImageImage

Those will be a good adition to your Items at that level. The dagger doens't have lifesteal, but you'll be fine with BL as long as you have manasteal.

Lv.30 / 40

Spoiler
ImageImage

OR

ImageImage

You can Either Farm Khels or Direction Sets, Both are really nice, Kill dragon a Few times to get some usefull items while you're at it.. He also drops parts of the Khels set.

Lv.40 / 50
Spoiler
That's the best weapon you'll get till you get 50 MP, Don't change it at any cost.

Final Items:
There are Several Builds but I'll make a list with the most used ones.

AGI Based Assassin:

Bloodlust
Mirror Shield / Magus Defender
Champions Belt / Armor of Endless Might
King's Helmet
Dominators Gloves
Stealth Boots / Boots of the Terminator
Crystallix

With this build your Lifesteal and Manasteal will be INSANE. You can still keep BL for LS improvements.

Oopozer's Shield
Mirror Shield
Champions Belt / Nightsteel
Dominator's Gloves
Stealth Boots
Crystallix / Creator's Eye / FrostRose

This build is usually made to solo bosses Combining your evasion spells with Illusions and Frost attacks, Overall nice, and the build I'll probably go with to Solo Chronos.

Element Former [Yes.. Element Former, I'll explain that in a while]
Dominators Gloves
Kings Helmet
Pure Energy
Creator's Eye

This Build (Thanks seaweedsux) is Literally OP and insane, The damage provided from Element Former while using illusions to attack aswell is definetly the BEST DPS build for Assassin. How does it work? Element Former has a Passive 25% chance to cast a Fireball dealing 400dmg and cancelling an enemy chanelling, Channeling means almost everything.. even bosses auto attacks can be cancelled if you slow them enough to make the animation longer, Anyways Assassin's Illusions also have the 25% chance provided by Element Former, making the Fireball damage absolutely insane. . . Pure energy also provides with a 100 dmg/sec aura along with some Stats boost. With this build you'll have a decent amount of HP and a really high Mana pool, so you won't even have to worry about running out of mana With the manasteal DG's provide.

STR Based Assassin

Axe of Gods / Mace of Fahras
Mirror Shield
Armor of Endless Might
Dominators Gloves
Dragonheart Ring / Creator's Eyes.

This Build is a tank based Build and Works perfectly fine with Heart Stab. The regen you'll get from that skill is just awesome and you can tank a lot of Damage due to your Evasion.
I'd say it's a pretty decent build and makes the assassin versatile aswell, yet the item build has to be carefull since Intelligence and agility also help you to deal damage.

Pet: Preferably a Green Dragon for the Regen, Could be a Red dragon if your in teamfights
Atk Shirt [+10% DMG]
Battle Drums [+10% DMG]
Atkspeed Shirt [+15% Atkspeed]
Shirt of Curse [-10% Dmg to Enemies]
Endless Potion / HP - MP Potions

I'll add some stuff to this guide [Like the Assassin INT Build] Later on.
It's kinda late atm and I'm pretty sleepy, lol

GFX Artist

文字リスト:
Lv.60 殺し屋 - 60MP
Lv.60 レンジャー - 60MP
Lv.60 メンタリスト - 23MP
Lv.60 プリースト - 13MP
Lv.58 降霊術師

Last edited by BOOMBOOMKID on Tuesday, 30. October 2012, 02:54:22, edited 11 times in total.

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 04:38:04 
Level 11

Favorite Class: Necromancer
Garena Account: annann21
Lol~
Nobody had played a tanker sin? :)
A pure str when late game~
Items with about 90% evasion~
Well, this is my plan for sin xD

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 06:24:09 
Level 10

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: seaweedsux
elprede: robbe decreased the max evasion to 40% :(

spawn: u forgot a pretty insane itembuild
using the elemental former on sin is pretty op since illus cast the fireballs too

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 12:33:29 
Level 3

Elprede21 wrote:
Lol~
Nobody had played a tanker sin? :)
A pure str when late game~
Items with about 90% evasion~
Well, this is my plan for sin xD

Evasion cap has been lowered to 40% so it doesn't work
Besides making yourself full str.isn't usefull, you will rely on your skills to get lifesteal but even so it deserves a chance..
I'll test that build but I can assure you evasion can't go that high..

GFX Artist

文字リスト:
Lv.60 殺し屋 - 60MP
Lv.60 レンジャー - 60MP
Lv.60 メンタリスト - 23MP
Lv.60 プリースト - 13MP
Lv.58 降霊術師

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 12:35:13 
Level 3

seaweedsux wrote:
elprede: robbe decreased the max evasion to 40% :(

spawn: u forgot a pretty insane itembuild
using the elemental former on sin is pretty op since illus cast the fireballs too

I'm gonna add this tonight.. Along with a test of the STR build aswell, sadly I'm working now u_u

GFX Artist

文字リスト:
Lv.60 殺し屋 - 60MP
Lv.60 レンジャー - 60MP
Lv.60 メンタリスト - 23MP
Lv.60 プリースト - 13MP
Lv.58 降霊術師

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 13:48:15 
Level 18

Garena Account: CokeDragon
Missing about str int build? ;)

Post Posted: Friday, 26. October 2012, 14:56:13 
Administrator

that's a really cool and useful guide. =)
i will mark it as important sticky.

Robbepop

Post Posted: Saturday, 27. October 2012, 02:06:27 
Level 3

GUIDE UPDATED!

• Added STR Build items
• Modified some missing Leveling tooltips
• Added images to Lv.30/40 items
• Added [Tank] STR Build for assassin

Next Update:

• INT Based assassin
• STR / INT Builds
• INT & INT / STR Item Builds
• Teamfight Role
• Game Strategy and Keybinds

GFX Artist

文字リスト:
Lv.60 殺し屋 - 60MP
Lv.60 レンジャー - 60MP
Lv.60 メンタリスト - 23MP
Lv.60 プリースト - 13MP
Lv.58 降霊術師

Post Posted: Saturday, 27. October 2012, 04:43:01 
Level 11

Favorite Class: Necromancer
Garena Account: annann21
Damn ><
No more tanker sin for me :cry:

Post Posted: Monday, 29. October 2012, 06:42:04 
Level 2

BOOMBOOMKID wrote:
STR + AGI Build

2 / 3 / 0 Until Lv.30
1 / 3 / 0 Lv. 30 to 60

Is there a typo in the stat distribution for 30 to 60? 1 str plus 3 agi only adds up to 4 attributes.

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Assassin