Shoutbox

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Assassin

Post subject: Underpowered
 Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 19:19:34 
Level 5

Have thanks: 0 time
Favorite Class: Assassin
Garena Account: dyuxs
Assa (agi) is SO underpowered compared to Ranger (agi)

Ranger has ranged attack -> even if he has low hp and armor he can survive more
Assa is melee -> less survival skills with the same hp and armor as ranger

Ranger has Arrow Rain with awesome AoE dmg
Assa has shadows that get 1 hited ... lame

Ranger has Aura Ward ... srsly that skill is so OP if u have like more than 20% crit from items
Assa again has some shadows ...

Ranger has Overgrow/Tree prison which keep the enemies far away while the ranger shoots them and kills them
Assa only has Dagger Hail which silences and Battle gas -> both of them dont give 100% protection

Assa srsly needs some good AoE skill thats agi based or/and something for dmg like Aura Ward

Post subject: Re: Underpowered
 Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 20:11:43 
Level 23

Favorite Class: Priest
Garena Account: arsento
Well, Assasin has infinite life skill with an skill that i just cant remember. Also she have shadows to tank for her. Each shadow could support maybe 3 or 4 hits and she have evasion. Anyways the idea of an assasin is kill before she get killed. Thats why she is called "Assasin", anyways ranger have a lot more survivality because of his crowd control but that just make her easier. Assasin have just a bit more damage and On-Attack effects like critical strike or bash. Assasin its just a difficult character so if you are new to GoH and you like High-Damage dealer warrior you should get Ranger. If you are an experienced player you can get Assasin that is a very difficult character so i think thats the idea :P!

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 20:57:19 

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: TakIntI
Actually i should correct you about assassin's damage. She has lots of survivability skills, even more than assassin should have. But about damage matter, assassin has 70% of ranger's total damage output, which is really absurd in my opinion.. Ranger is ranged, so she already has an adventage.
Here is a comment i posted on the topic that writer wants passive back. But i dont remember any backstab passive, he may meant eclipse. Or if in a lot older vers there was a backstab passive, i wasnt playing assassin at that old versions.

Quote:
HAH! I could agree with this..
In last vers assasin cant do her real job well. She has nice active abilities but they are support ones, for herself and team. But she should be mainly a dps not support.
Currently seraph, warrior, ranger all better than assassin for melee damage dealing combat. Actually assassin should ve been best among them.. Ilisions are cool and usefull for both dealing some damage and defending. But they do less damage with 10% chance and low durability but well it is also a good defensive passive.

If i get it right, Ranger is the main ranged dps, and Assassin is the main melee dps.
There could be something for assassin like ranger has. Ranger has focus, ward, multishot, a strong aoe arrow rain. What does assasin have? hmmm.. blink strike! that is all..
And shuriken seems a waste of time at using it. I and probably everyone prefer hitting directly. What about a stacking bleed effect on it? Then people will start using it.

Or better I should suggest something like that instead of current shuriken:
cd: 3 sec manacost: 20xability level
damage: (20+0.2xagi) x ability level. Hits one target only.
effect: bleed => (3+0.05xagi) x ability level per second. Lasts 10 seconds. Does not stack.
That would be better than adding backstab back again. It will be like a passive that gives 30+50%agi. But for per second, not per hit!
Or instead of instant damage, manacost:5xability level. Then that would define assassin better.

And about ilisions, they are cool. if u know how to keep them alive and give max agi, they will be quite strong damage dealers. Also red dragon as pet, here is ur ilision with 400 damage. So if assassin gets + chance on ilisions, that would be imba. Current way is perfect.

Please think about the shuriken idea Robbe. There cant be any more passives for assassin. But she could have something easy like passives, like that new shuriken.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 22:10:41 
Level 11

Garena Account: Tylosaurus
What!!?

I love my assasin, its really exciting and fun, maybe you are doing it wrong. I could farm solo in dragon ice mountains at level 45 with regular items(some yellows+set), at 60 i can do HIGH damage in bosses.

I didnt try Askalor or Cronos, because i want some spellresistance gear first, which is the only problem with assasin, get almost killed for 1 spell.

Yes we got shadows 1hited, but they are a lot.

Dagger Hail is pretty useless for me but not for PvP(Blink+Dagger+Gas+Stealth /repeat).

I want some skill like "Cloak of Shadows", for get more spell resistance/surv and some cool effect, im happy with my dmg. If you find Ranger better than Assasin, maybe you just need to reroll o learn how to play Assasins.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 22:15:54 
Level 12

Garena Account: JvJoJo
Well ofc since ranger has range and attack that follow's you, it would be normal that melee hero's should have more dmg.

By adding level 60 item set's for every class would solve this problem.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 22:17:32 
Level 5

Garena Account: dyuxs
Dude u kidding me ? Even my grandma can solo in the "dragon ice mountain".I'm talking when its up to high level bosses / mobs.Thats where assa gets fuking owned without doing almost any dmg ... it either needs some melee dmg boost or an AoE shit...i srsly hope Rob do something after all those threads about assa being weak.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 22:27:23 
Level 11

dyuxs wrote:
Dude u kidding me ? Even my grandma can solo in the "dragon ice mountain".I'm talking when its up to high level bosses / mobs.Thats where assa gets fuking owned without doing almost any dmg ... it either needs some melee dmg boost or an AoE shit...i srsly hope Rob do something after all those threads about assa being weak.

Hmm im doing wrong with my ranger so... i need your grandma for teach me :S.

I will check it, because i can do pretty well in Hell mobs, didnt check again Ask or Cronos.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 22:31:04 
Level 12

Garena Account: JvJoJo
dyuxs wrote:

Dude dony be cocky, no body will like you >.>

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 22:33:19 

Favorite Class: Elemental Mage
Garena Account: TakIntI
She is actually not weak. And yea dragon area is not like before now, a lot easier since they dont get at you with numbers of 40-50. Assassin is good currently but i dont call her assassin, she is a low level ilisionist. Ilisionists have high durability, not bad damage, and some debuff skills. Just like our current assassin.
But people takes assassin cuz they want assassin, highest dps char, not a support hero. If they wanted to be support, they would choose monk or seraph or necro. As i calculated, damage output by normal hits are like that:

Ranger > Warrior > Seraph > Necro > Assassin > Mage > Monk
(Also added the advantage of range, and movability)
You see where assassin is.. While she should ve been at ranger's place...
But again i dont say assassin is bad, she is just not a dps hero as intended.

Edit: and yea tylo ur doing wrong with ranger. In older vers when dragon area was A LOT harder, i didnt die there only with ranger.

Post Posted: Tuesday, 07. February 2012, 23:54:12 
Level 11

I play assasin because i like all the surv. spells, if my team receive some benefits for it, OK!

Yes i suck too much with my Ranger, i do Int and i just stop at 48 xD, now i enjoy my assasin, i just dont want to be a glass cannon's class, but maybe if they add some damage or buff to their skills it would make the assasin the best dps, so yes buff it i want it :D.

Board index » The Game » The Heroes » Assassin